Shaquille O’Neal reportedly agrees to M deal with TNT, keeping ‘Inside the NBA’ team intact for move to ESPN

Shaquille O’Neal reportedly agrees to $15M deal with TNT, keeping ‘Inside the NBA’ team intact for move to ESPN

Shaquille O’Neal has a new deal with TNT, bringing the beloved studio show, “Inside the NBA” one step closer to remaining fully intact ahead of its move to TNT.

That’s according to Front Office Sports, which reported Friday that O’Neal and TNT have agreed to a new long-term contract that will pay O’Neal $15 million per year. The length of the contract was not reported.

News of O’Neal’s contract arrives as “Inside the NBA” broadcasts its final season on TNT before a move to ESPN next season. TNT lost its NBA media rights in the league’s newest media deal that saw Amazon and NBC join ESPN in securing rights for the next 11 seasons.

Shaquille O'Neal will remain with TNT on a lucrative new contract. (John W. McDonough/Sports Illustrated via Getty Images)

Shaquille O’Neal will remain with TNT on a lucrative new contract. (John W. McDonough/Sports Illustrated via Getty Images)

The deal stoked fear that it meant the end of “Inside the NBA,” which has anchored TNT’s studio coverage on Thursday nights and throughout the playoffs for decades. With O’Neal alongside Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith and host Ernie Johnson, the show has been a favorite of fans and critics alike throughout its run.

But ESPN reached a deal with TNT to license the show, which Turner Sports will continue to produce for broadcast on ESPN and ABC around the networks’ NBA coverage. And now we know that it will continue to feature O’Neal.

Barkley had previously committed to return to TNT on a 10-year contract that he signed in 2022. Per FOS, Barkley is paid $21 million per year on the deal.

“I love my TNT Sports family,” Barkley said, via a statement in August confirming his commitment to the network.

Barkley reiterated his commitment to TNT amid reportd overtures from Amazon and NBC while speaking with Johnson on their podcast, “The Steam Room.”

“I’m informing NBC that I will not accept their offer,” Barkley said. “I’m gonna cancel future meetings with Amazon. … “My heart is always and will be at Turner Sports.”

To view this content, you’ll need to update your privacy settings. Please click here and view the “Content and social-media partners” setting to do so.

Per FOS, Smith is expected to sign a new long-term deal with TNT and Johnson is also expected to remain with the show.




Source link

Oh hi there 👋
It’s nice to meet you.

Sign up to receive awesome content in your inbox, every week.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

More From Author

NHL Trade Deadline: Could A Change Of Scenery Benefit Four Notable Players?

NHL Trade Deadline: Could A Change Of Scenery Benefit Four Notable Players?

Trump’s USAID freeze hits HIV programmes: ‘My wife fears sex, I fear death’

Trump’s USAID freeze hits HIV programmes: ‘My wife fears sex, I fear death’

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *